On May 30th, the NC2s 14th Annual Nebraska Cancer Summit will bring physicians, nurses, social workers, public health and health-related officials and professionals together for education and networking at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center at 2021 Transformation Drive in Lincoln.
Highlights of this year’s summit include:
- Keynote speaker Tamika Felder, Founder and Chief Visionary at Cervivor, a nonprofit organization dedicated to cervical cancer advocacy and support, and Rebecca Reilly, MD, Medical Director for Nebraska Methodist Geriatric Evaluation and Management Clinic, closing speaker
- Educational topics including social determinants of health, medical legal partnerships, health literacy, and e-cigarettes
- “Crowd-Sourced Campfire Sessions” in which attendees choose topics and drive conversations around a variety of cancer control topics
Two special events scheduled for May 29th will complement the Summit:
- Nebraska HPV Survivor School is a one-day advocacy training and relationship-building event for cancer patients, survivors, advocates and experts looking to become more involved in the HPV-related cancer movement. Participants will connect with other survivors and advocates while working together to change the future of health. There is no cost to attend for those attending the Summit. A $15 fee will be charged for non-Summit attendees. Travel scholarships are available.
- HPV documentary “Someone You Love” and discussion panel – A free feature-length screening of the in-depth documentary on the HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV) and the stories of struggle, tragedy and triumph surrounding this complicated and often misunderstood infection will be open to the public and followed by a moderated discussion with Nebraska HPV experts.
To register for these events, click on the links above.
For a copy of the Summit’s agenda and brochure, click here.