FORCE is a national nonprofit organization with more than 200 volunteers and 50 outreach groups around the country working hard to meet the growing needs of the hereditary breast and ovarian cancer community. FORCE helps millions of people and families understand inherited cancer risk, and options for detection, prevention and treatment of hereditary cancers.
The organization’s website offers a wealth of information for survivors and previvors (someone who is a survivor of a predisposition to cancer.) FORCE’s mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
To this end, FORCE has eight mission objectives:
- To provide women with resources to determine whether they are at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer due to genetic predisposition, family history, or other factors.
- To provide information about options for managing and living with these risk factors.
- To provide support for women as they pursue these options.
- To provide support for families facing these risks.
- To raise awareness of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- To represent the concerns and interests of our high-risk constituency to the cancer advocacy community, the scientific and medical community, the legislative community, and the general public.
- To promote research specific to hereditary cancer.
- To reduce disparities among underserved populations by promoting access to information, resources and clinical trials specific to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
For more information, contact: Diane Rose,Director of Volunteer Programs, 866-288-7475 x712 or email@example.com