Navigating the waters of breast and ovarian cancer genetic testing can be scary, challenging, and full of uncertainty – causing many who should consider genetic testing to shy away.
Bright Pink offers another digital tool ExploreYourGenetics.org, following the success of their first digital tool, Assess Your Risk. The site was developed to be the first-ever “one stop shop” resource that demystifies the genetic testing landscape and empowers women to take action. This tool helps women make informed decisions regarding their health care by utilizing:
- An overview of genetic basics, comparison of labs, and which genetic mutations are linked to which cancers.
- Easy to consume content addressing common concerns, including cost, legalities, access to testing, access to support, and insurance ins and outs.
- Downloadable tools including a family health history collection form, questions for providers, and an Insurance 101 Guide.
- Practical considerations in preparing for testing.
- Video testimonials and personal stories from real women.
- Access to Bright Pink’s support programs and other life-saving resources
Check out the resources by clicking on the links above.