Curriculum for Providers
CDC’s Gynecologic Cancer Curriculum: Intended for primary healthcare professionals, this new program consists of 6 modules that address risk factors, symptoms, prevention strategies, and screening recommendations of gynecologic cancers including cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar cancers.
ACS resources available online at cancer.org:
- Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Guideline for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Use
- Cervical Cancer Fact Sheet for Professionals
Clinicians’ Information Sources & Office Educational Material
The National HPV Vaccination Roundtable landing page
A new research-tested intervention program from the NIH National Cancer Institute entitled: Making Effective HPV Vaccine Recommendations is designed to promote HPV vaccination. The intervention programmatic materials are available through the program website. A research study was conducted to test the efficacy of the intervention and at posttest, the intervention group had a significantly greater increase in HPV vaccine initiation than the control group. The program’s ultimate focus is to build awareness for Healthcare providers and Behavorial Modification for Healthcare Providers. To read more about this study, click here.
Changing the Doctor – Parent Conversation About HPV:
Social Media Resources:
- HPV Vaccine Myth Busting for Health Care Providers Social Media Toolkit – This toolkit is designed to help public health professionals establish a “Myth Busting” social media strategy to encourage providers to effectively talk to parents and adolescents about the HPV vaccine.
AAP Social Media Resources:
- Facebook Posts for Healthcare Professionals (https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/hpvtoolkit_professionalFB_hpv_2015_August_2015.pdf)
- Tweets for Healthcare Professionals (https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/hpvtoolkit_professionalTweets_hpv_2015_August.pdf)
CDC HPV landing page (http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/) – Lots of great materials that are broken into 3 areas (For Parents & Public, For Healthcare Professionals, and For Partners & Programs)