To address the unique challenges of metastatic breast cancer patients, the Association of Community Cancer Centers, (ACCC) in partnership with the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, the Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance, and the Cancer Support Community, launched a new dedicated website. The Metastatic Breast Cancer Website serves as a hub for communication tools to address existing challenges, increase patient engagement, and align patient/provider goals across the continuum of care. As part of this endeavor, a new workbook is now available, Metastatic Breast Cancer: Effective Principles & Practices in Patient Support. The workbook focuses on providing support to metastatic breast cancer patients and includes a communication process map that incorporates six principles for effective support of patients. Click here to access the website and download a copy of the workbook. For even more information and a list of resources specific to metastatic patients, check out the national Komen site by clicking here.
- May 24 CANCERcare Webinar: What are Biosimilars? Understanding Their Role in Cancer Treatments: Current and Future Perspectives
- May 16 CANCERcare Webinar: Breast Cancer and Older Women
- May 30 NC2 14th Annual Nebraska Cancer Summit
- Susan G. Komen® Great Plains Announces 2018-2019 Community Grants
- Casting for Recovery Announces 2018 Retreats