A Time to Heal, founded by Kay Ryan, RN, Ph.D., a breast cancer survivor, health care consultant, speaker and trainer and Stephanie Koraleski, Ph.D., a psychologist and the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, offers a variety of classes and programs to support cancer survivors. A Time to Heal is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization supported by grants from Susan G. Komen® Great Plains, the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and other community funders at no cost to patients.There are trained A Time to Heal volunteer facilitators across Nebraska, but all programs are not available in every region of the state.
- A Time to Heal Cancer Wellness Rehabilitation is a 12-week course that provides research-based information on rebuilding physical, emotional and spiritual strength; safe use of supplements; strengthening relationships and more. It provides demonstration and practice of relaxation techniques, light exercise to support healthy survivorship and discussions with other cancer survivors, caregivers and health professionals. Participants are typically referred to the program by oncology nurses and others who provide treatment and support. To date, hundreds of Nebraskans have participated. The program is free and open to individuals who have had any type of cancer and their caregivers. To find a program in your area, click here.
- A Time to Heal Cancer Related Brain Fog is an 8-week class to help cancer survivors cope with and recover from cognitive problems related to cancer such as memory and task management. To find a program in your area, click here.
- A Time to Heal Metastatic Cancer Support Group. This free support group focuses on sharing experiences, learning ways to improve the quality of life on a daily basis and offering support. Patients and caregivers are welcome. The support group currently meets only in Omaha on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 4:00-5:30pm at the Servite Center of Compassion, 74th & Ames Circle, Omaha. 402.319.3124.
- A Spanish-language A Time to Heal CD is also available for distribution. To learn more, click here.
- A Time to Heal for Veterans Omaha VA Medical Center is being held beginning July 5 and consecutive Tuesdays thru August 2 from 2:30-4:30pm. To download a PDF copy of the brochure, click here. Call Lori Jensen, 402.995.4119 or Jodi Lakin, 402.995.4872 for more information.
Click A Time to Heal for more information about their current spring program offerings.